Monday, March 9, 2009

Boy Band Love

My childhood love was in town today.
Jonathan Knight.
New Kids on the Block.
And I didn't go see them.
Although I did have serious thoughts about tossing over my husband for a moment of youthful indiscretion as a groupie.
Then I remembered a few things.
I have three children who would hunt me down like a dog.
Maybe Jonathan doesn't return my obsessive love.
And I'm not built like I used to be, making throwing my bra a dangerous endeavor.
Sadly, my youthful unrequited love will continue to be a secret dream.
I will drive by the stadium (it's on my way home--sort of) and sigh and hope to catch a glimpse of him.
And then I will tuck away my inner teenager and go home to my real life and a husband who'll occasionally burst into Hangin' Tough to torment me.
Maybe I'll pull out my KNOTB pillow to snuggle tonight.
It's the only way I'll ever get to drool on Jon.

No comments: