Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Who am I to play God?

Ugh.

Baby shots suck.

No, I'm not talking about drink shots. (With three kids, I could use a few of those!) I'm talking about the pediatrician given baby shots, complete with large needle jabbing into chubby baby thigh.

Punk got her first vaccines yesterday. And she was pissed. Red faced, screaming, flailing and kicking good old fashioned mad.
After going through this with both boys, you think it would be old hat.

Nah. New territory.

I worried all night about allergic reactions, autism, and the fate of the world as a whole because I had vaccinated my child. (Mother guilt, you know. As if the four thousand other things I may do wrong weren't enough!) I have done the research and I have a great pediatrician, but the fear is still there.

I'm making decisions now that will affect my children their entire lives.

Who am I to play God?

No comments: