Friday, March 21, 2008

A basketful of chocolate and faith

Do you honor the real meaning behind Easter? The whole Christian Jesus died on the cross to expunge our sins holiday? Do you attend church in your Easter best, the first time in a year?
Not me. I'm honest. I celebrate solely for the chocolate bunnies and Cadbury eggs.
I'll stand proud and admit I'm a heathen. But at least I'm an honest one.
I have no problem with Christianity. Hell, I'm even married to one of you. (Tee hee! I snuck right past you guys!) I think any religion that harms no one and brings comfort and peace is a fantastic thing.
I just hate hypocrites.
Organized religions are full of them.
If you are going to say you are a certain religion, be that religion 365 days a year. Commit to it with every fiber of your being. Attend church, dance under the moon, celebrate the Sabbath--whatever--just do it every day of the year.
Don't just be that religion at major holidays, births, and funerals.
Be true to yourself and faithful to your god.
Do that, and I'm sure you'll be much more at peace with yourself.
And I'll continue finding my salvation in the bottom of a basket of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.
Yum.
Happy Easter!

No comments: