Monday, April 13, 2009

When the stars align

When the star align and the heavens open up into a serenade of heavenly music, my children will mind, cooperate, and be ideal little children.
Today was on of those days.
Desperation and a doctors appointment had me braving the world to take my children shopping with me.
I did so with trepidation and the intent to speed through shopping to prevent the inevitable fights, meltdowns, and demands my children produce.
Instead, I was accompanied by children salespeople complimented me on.
You read that right.
People COMPLIMENTED me on how well behaved my heathens were.
I only had to put the baby in the cart. the boys walked alongside the cart and didn't touch anything.
Or they walked behind me holding hands and not fighting.
Even the baby didn't succumb to a missed nap meltdown.
It has been a peaceful day of parenting complete with a few feel good moments and a healthy dose fo mama pride.
Today was one of those days that made me realize I can do this. I am doing this. And teh light at the end of teh tunnell isn't a car full of my children running e down while I plead for mercy.
At least, today it isn't.
Because tomorrow the stars will move and the heavens will snap shut like a chastity belt on a virgin.
Tomorrow the aliens that abducted my children will bring them back and I'll spend my day yelling, "Don't touch him!" "Get off him!" and "What did you do to her now?"
So,f or today, i'm going to bask in teh glow of a glass of hard liquor and a sense of a job well done.
And hopefully tomorrow The Man will be the parent on duty.
Then the return of our heathens are his problem.

No comments: