Monday, April 27, 2009

Farmer Bug and Farmer Boo

My boys planted a garden.
Their garden has strawberry plants, peppers, tomatoes, and watermelon.
And my boys are so proud of themselves!
Every night, Bug asks me if I'll come stare adoring at their garden with him. then he takes my hand and leads me to it, expecting me to bask over tiny plants that don't do much for me.
Hell, the only thing I'll eat is the strawberries, and that's if I can pry them out of my boys grubby little hands.
But I praise them and admire the pitiful plants and listen to the stories of how they water and take care of them.
And I pray to the universe that the damned things grow because I don't want to deal with the heartbreak my little boys would surely suffer.

1 comment:

Tara said...

All items you can buy at the grocery store. Now to find away to attach them to the stalks...