Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Perils of Parenting

I'm not going to debate TV watching for children.
I've read the studies. I know what experts say.
I also known that when my kids are watching TV I can finally wash my body and hair--3 minutes flat--without interruption. Maybe.
I won't tell you how much my boys have loved Spongebob Squarepants or how we can sing the Goofy Goober song from start to finish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRIaNlGGvxc
Or that my daughter loves a dancing syphilis afflicted crimson penis on Yo Gabba Gabba.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggrOcBWqHiU

My kids love Noggin and Sesame Street and Monsters Inc. We even have a DVD player in the car. TV has taught my children interesting tidbits of information, such as that monsters are cool and a guinea pig, a duckling, and turtle can fly around the world rescuing animals.
For me, the perils of parenting are pitfalls aplenty (like my alliteration?) and I will choose to allow my kids a few moments of guilty, TV induced pleasure as children.
And if Punk likes to watch and dancing dildo, I'll deal with it.
Her father? Well, now that's another matter entirely. Him, we pick up off the floor everytime Yo Gabba Gabba comes on.
Honey! It's dancing dildo, prancing penis time!
Wait, he might take that as an invite for adult fun.
Never mind!

No comments: