Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The ways of the world

I've heard it all my life-- the world works in mysterious ways.
It buck at the system, but even I know it's true.
For example, a family friend I haven't heard from in years just happens to reappear right at the time I need services she can provide?
A lump sum of money just happens to appear right as we need it for a bill?
Your child tells you he loves you bestest of all and gives you a hug right as you wonder why you ever thought you could be a parent?
The world works on its own timetable, it's own schedule, it's own path. And even though I fight it, occasionally throwing myself on the floor, kicking, screaming, and making a general fuss, I occasionally stop long enough to realize that whoever the person upstairs is, they might just know what they are doing.
I just wish they'd let me know.
Hey, I'm OCD, what can I say?

No comments: