Friday, July 18, 2008

Losing the pounds

I'm not a fan of the scale.

After three babies, I tend to cringe at even the merest sight of any device designed to declare me an inadequate and overweight specimen of womanhood.

Besides, mots days I feel like I either need to be weighed on a big fish scale (think Shamus) or on one designed for large semi trucks.

Do you see my problem here?

My husband and kids don't help. The Man (still no new printable nickname) has a belly pudge, but is still fit and trim. (Loathe him!) And my kids are cute and chubby, because, well, they are still babies and baby fat only looks good on a baby.

So here I sit (around the house--sorry, couldn't help myself) abstaining from the deliciousness of chocolate and sweets, ice creams and cakes to try and lose weight.

This is wholly and utterly unfair. I carried all three of our children, survived one labor and three c-sections, breastfed the boys for a year and am both breastfeeding and donating milk this time. I should be given a Get Out of Fat For the Rest of My Life Card.

Do not pass go. Eat all the ooey gooey deliciousness you want. Enjoy life to its calorific fullest, not some pale by comparison Slim Fast shadow of an existence.

Mine must have gotten lost in the mail.


No comments: