Monday, June 22, 2009

Sweet days of summer

My brother and his family did the unthinkable.
They took my boys to the lake.
And didn't drown them.
In fact, my sister in law said they were "perfect."
It was either the sun or the liquor, but she actually used the word "perfect" to describe my male heathens.
The boys were treated to swimming, sand castles, hot dogs, and s'mores. They were played with and pampered and made to feel very special.
I've been hearing about it for days, so i know they had a good time.
Boo did rat out his cousin, Guy. He said Guy tried to drown him. Several times. I figure it was the only quiet time they got all day.
But it was nice to know my boys could behave well for their aunt and uncle. Normally they are stealing their food and climbing their uncle like a tree. And asking, "You wanna piece of me?"
Uncle LeeBones takes it in stride. Auntie M finds them food. And the kids adore them.
And I think by boys just suckered a couple more people into the role of babysitters!
Woo hoo for me!

2 comments:

mrsrstjr said...

woohoo for the lake! :)

Tara said...

LOL! At least Guy figured out how to get a few seconds of quiet.