Thursday, May 1, 2008

It could have been me

One of the ladies I know online lost her son to SIDS two years ago today.
Her son was born the same day as my Boo baby.
I find myself weeping reading her post about putting her baby down to bed on April 30th and on May 1st, he was gone.
It could have been me. It could have been my beautiful blue eyed Boo.
I'm lucky. I can still hold him, hug him, love him.
She can't. For her, her boy is a lovely angel, forever two months old, forever a baby.
Mine is a sturdy little boy with bruises and scratches from play, with a loud voice and a riotous laugh.
For her, her son is a bittersweet memory. For me, he's real and constant.
So for today, when I hug my Boo boy, I will be giving him an extra hug for the mommy who can't hold her son like I do. i will kiss him goodnight knowing that another mommy won't be able to.
For today, I'll share my Boo with another mommy, because my boy fills my arms and heart, and hers, just her heart.

No comments: