Friday, December 11, 2009

It's a bird! It's a plane!

No, it's my child running away!
Bug has developed a new twist on his already twisted and convoluted behavior.
He wants to run away.
To New York.
To school.
To anywhere but here.
And I'm not allowed to go, but The Man is.
I want to go to New York, damn it!
I don't know what the deal is, what the allure is, because we simply key lock the doors and put away the keys when he gets in this mood.
No one escapes from mommy.
And he'll tell us it's not because he's unhappy (unless he's mad--then we are all unhappy!). He just wants to run away.
End of discussion.
His logic is childish and irrefutable.
And we're stumped.
If my baby is packing his bags, it makes me wonder . . .
If home is where the heart is, why does my oldest child ream of Broadway stages and escape?

No comments: