Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like

TAX TIME!

I don't know about you, but tax time, even though I try to obey all the laws, strikes fear in my heart and makes me dribble a bit in my panties.

I'm sure the IRS hires very nice people who have families and responsibilities and lives of their own, but all I picture is a bunch of demented accountants who are out to get us all.

Did you ever see that episode of Roseanne where they are trying to to do their taxes and they have to go to the local tax office with questions? The evil demented guy behind the counter? Makes me hide under the blankets and pray to the fiduciary gods to just protect me one more time.

We've filed--e-filed, which is a whole other bevy of stress in my life--and we're waiting for our refund with baited breath. I never feel secure until its in the account and I could withdraw it and run for the Mexican border in case of emergency.

(Oh? I was supposed to take The Man and the heathens with me? Oopsie!)

I don't know why it strikes such fear in me. I'm not doing anything illegal or unethical, but still, I can't get over the fact that, one morning, IRS agents wearing flack jackets and carrying audit shooting guns will descend on me in mass and take everything we have--except The Man and the heathens, even though I'm sure I would be begging them to take them too!

So I'm waiting, and worrying, and trying to be patient.

And I'm failing miserably.

P.S. My refund date changed, so I now have more days to stress and to worry and to fret. Ain't life grand?

P.S.S. Payment was supposed to be on the 17th. no payment. Called the IRS and was told actually the 20th. Okay. Clicked today to see if updated, received error reference code 1301. Had The Man called the IRS while I lay down and had palpitations, then frantically Googled the reference number, which could mean anything from the rabbit died to "OMG! They are coming for you." Turns out our AGI was off. It's been fixed. Still on board for the 20th, but this experience is making my ulcer jump up and wave while doing herkey's. So, yea for The Man and I'm gonna go changed my pee dampened panties now.

No comments: