Friday, January 7, 2011

Legacy

There are day when I don't see much of myself in my children.
Days when the boys break a window in the house, chase each other with homemade shanks, or when there is a belching contest at our dinner table.
Those days I firmly believe the hospital gave my baby to someone else.
But there are days when I realize my DNA is proud and strong.
There are days I crow with pride in my offspring.
Yesterday was one of those days.
The Man went to Punk's school to volunteer. While dancing with the class, Punk proceeded to tell him "You need to stop that now."
Last night, he was doing something else. She responded, "That's enough of that."
I'm beginning to feel hopeful that if I kick the bucket tomorrow, The Man would be routinely and roundly put in his place by our duaghter.
It makes a mama proud!

No comments: